In collaboration with Columbia IT department, Lamont IT offers “Box” cloud storage services.
There will be a charge associated with this storage, if you decide to participate. Box is a cloud-based file storage and sharing solution that is easy to use. An enterprise level agreement has been finalized at CUIT and CUIMC-IT levels with Box, and LDEO IT has been set as the designated administrator for the Lamont users who are interested to participate.
Box at LDEO is a paid service purchased, and it can be used by faculty, staff, or students. If your department has purchased Box, you can get access through your department.
If you would like to participate, please get in touch with [email protected].
Using Box, You Can
- Manage and preview files in many formats.
- Access content through all major browsers, and through mobile devices running iOS, Android, and Blackberry.
- Share files and folders while controlling access with a range of permissions from preview-only to full editing and collaboration rights.
- Comment on files.
- Create simple workflows.
- Take advantage of related applications and file synchronization tools.
- Storing and sharing large numbers of documents.
- provides tools to easily edit common files in Office on the desktop or in Office Online.
- Can share files with anyone with an email address / collaborate with other institutions.
- Excellent security for your data with encryption of your data both in transmission and while stored in the cloud, detailed auditing of who has acted on and viewed your files, watermarking of files, and view-only files that you can prevent others from downloading.